Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
129 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can an ingrown hair in the groin area be treated?

I recently went to Renown Health Center and this was about 3 weeks ago and I was diagnosed with ingrown hair follicle that was infected they had gave me something to take but I ve taken all those and I still have puss coming out of the bump or lump that is located on the bottom side a private part but will penicillin help this swelling bump or whatever go down
Thu, 31 Aug 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As a first line therapy you can go for topical and oral antibiotics. If symptoms persist despite these we have to remove the infected foci. Consult a general surgeon and he will direct you accordingly
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

How can I treat an ingrown hair instead of going to the doctors and getting it cut?