Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can an eardrum injury be treated?

Hello my son accidentally push a cotton bud to far in his ear he cried and it much but he said it did hurt and he could not hear he said he held his nose and his hearing seemed to come back the bleeding stopped and he said he wanted to sleep he is 12 do i need to take him to the doctors tommrow or will he be ok just want to know what is best
Wed, 3 May 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. I have gone through your query.As per the history it seems your son has injured his ear drum (Tympanic Membrane).You can take him to an ENT & GET his ear examined.No ear drops to be instilled till the Doctor examines him.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Sir my 3 years old baby had out of fun put earbud in his ear which accidently went deep a bit and he started crying when i rushed to him i could...