Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
187 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a teen increase his height naturally ?

I am 47 years old and want to increase my height please advise side effects My son is 17 years
Mon, 9 Apr 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for the query.

I am sorry at the age of 47 years it is not possible to increase height .Before the age of 21 years since there will be epiphyseal fusion in the bones which prevents further growth.The main factors responsible for growth will be Genetics, nutrition and hormones.If your son is also short you could consult a Endocrinologist now who will evaluate him and prescribe the right hormonal medications.After certain age it is not possible to correct it.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello,i am a 16 year old male and my height is 5 foot 5 inches. My father is just about half an inch taller than me and my mother is 4 feet 10. My...

Recent questions on  Epiphyseal plate

doctor1 MD

Growth can be stopped by a minor day care surgery procedure called epiphysiodesis. How long does it take to recover from this procedure? Also, what...

doctor1 MD

I'm 24 years male height of 5.4 ft . any way to increase height ? any way ?.

doctor1 MD

My 14 year old recently had his annual physical with the pediatrician. After the regular checkup, the doctor mentioned that my child was virtually...

doctor1 MD

I am looking for the standard of care when an 8 month old infant presents with arm injury(rolled off couch onto hard wood floor).able to flex arm...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I understand growth hormone is present in adults as well as children....but why in adults does it not lead to growth of internal organs?

doctor1 MD

i am a girl of 21 years age,52 weight and 153 cm height...pls suggest me the way to increase height...i really want to increase my height sir..pls