How can a sprained Achilles tendon be treated?

I have a strained Achilles tendon. It s been about 2 months, I try to keep it elevated as much as possible. It is swollen and very sore behind the outside of my right ankle bone. It s not getting better. I understand these injuries can take a long time to heal, but it s still painful & wakes me too early in the morning!
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

-very gently stretching and later strengthening your calf muscles.
-switching to a different, less strenuous sport.
-icing the area after exercise or when in pain.
-elevating your foot to decrease any swelling.
-wearing a brace or walking boot to prevent heel movement.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.