How can a poison oak rash be treated?

I have poison oak rash. I ve been having a problem getting rid of it I tried different medicines I was even given some steroid pills which did the this is working good but seem like it wasn t enough and it s like I ran out of the pills and it s kind of like still hanging in there what can I do?
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have gone through your complaints and would recommend you to continue with oral steroids for few more days. Also apply potent topical steroid like Clobetasol Propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.