Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
161 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a painful lump below the knee be treated?

yes. A week ago I fell going up a step into a cabin and severely bruised my left shin a couple of inches below my knee. It still has a large painful goose egg and bruise. No joint pain or issues. I was xrayed at a local urgent care clinic,and it is not cracked, chipped, etc. Should I be worried about a blood clot? And how would I know if I was developing one? At what point should I return to a doctor? Thanks.
Mon, 2 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Go to the doctor after a week. If your bones are intact, then you need not to worry. You need a painkiller as aceclofenac two times for five days. It will be enough. The bruise is bleed which resolves by itself. Don't worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Varinder Joshi
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello and thank you. I have blueberry sized lump below my left knee. Zero pain, i can move it around quite a bit, it is somewhat soft, and it has...