Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How can I test for the hormone vasopressin ?

is there a blood test for the hormone vasopressin? I have had endocrine probs since contracting Valley Fever several years ago. I have suffered fluid loss and frequent urination since the Cocci resolved (and other endocrine malfunctions; thyroid, adrenals, diabetes). I drink pedialyte to stay hydrated daily. The craziness to stay hydrated is cumbersome and has many times sent me to the ER! I am hoping to find a solution to the multi endocrine issues I have.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
welcome to health care magic
ADH is a test that measures the amount of antidiuretic hormone (ADH) in can go for this test and consult endocrinologist.
good luck
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor