Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

How can I protect my eyes since I am exposed to too much of computer and TV ?

Eyes have become concern because frequent exposure to computer & TV & movies. Hello this is related to EYES.Age - 30 yrs,Height - 5-7 .weight - 74kgs.I ve been working in front of computer since 16 years.Also I m very passionate about computer games,which I ve played a lot for years.I also watch a lot of movies(4 atleast a week) . Now I m 30 yrs,I ve dardk circles.Also my eyes pain a lot.I dont have sight nor spectacles.i cant open my eyes easily in sunlight.I m scared what has happened to my eyes.pls suggest me something for my eyes.Because I m a software Engineer I ve to sit in front of system for 10 to 14hours per pls guide me to protect my eyes.Is there any possibility that my eye nerve has become weak.pls guide me :(
Asked On : Mon, 5 Sep 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic portal
along with lifestyle management which is the basic thing you have to do,the problem of difficulty in opening the eyes will be helped by lubricant eye drops.along with tht 5 mt break every half hour will also help
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum
you have computer vision problem .
due to low grade radiation exposure from computer you have problem
do blink your eye frequently when use computer .
wash eye with many time with cold water
eat more green vegs .
wear sunglass regularly
do check your eye every year

i hope i answered your question
Answered: Mon, 5 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
you are having computer vision syndrome which can cause eyepain ,strain,headache,fatigue.
try to take rest in between you computer work,eat healthy food,drink lot of water and use any lubricating eye drop after consulting eye specialist
take care
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor