Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

How can I grow taller at 20 years of age ?

Hi Sir im a 20 boymy height is 170 cmplease guide that how i can grow taller i m 20 boy and my height is 170 cm and 63 kg. i didn t have any problem and important disease before.i want to grow taller and i don t know it is possible or not,please guide me because i really need to grow taller. best regards Saba e-mail:
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
Dear Saba

In normal circumstances, bone growth ( and hence, height) ceases during the age of 15-18 years. Hence there is no chance you can increase your height at this age.

A 170cm (5' 6") height is a pretty decent height for a person of Asian origin and you should not be worried about it. I can see that at 63kg, you have an average frame which ia also very good. Maintain a decent physical frame to appear good.

On a side note, wear clothes with longitudinal stripes and avoid horizontal ones, which makes you appear taller than you are. You can also opt for thicker soles in your footwear.

Dr Vrijilesh Rai
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor