Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
164 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can I cure rashes and cuts on the skin?

I am a 22 yr old active male. I have had severe in and off chaffing for approximately 6 months and have tried everything from desitin, gold Bond, vasoline, ointments, prescription powder and itch cream from urgent care, etc. With the weather getting colder now it s turned into painful tearing of the skin. How can I cure this rash/cuts? Thanks
Wed, 14 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response

Don't use different topicals, it may lead to IRRITANT contact DERMATITIS. Stop all topicals. First, elicit, what are the causes of these lesions by doing investigations. Consult your good dermatologist and take suitable treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar, Dermatologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i work in a kitchen that the temperature exceeds 120 degrees. i sweat alot around my thighs and groin. i have noticed a rash developing for the...