Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

How are swollen eyelids treated ?

My eyelid on left eye is swollen and the creases in my lid are gone. It is making my eye appear to bulge slightly. Can I take an expectorant to help this. I have a small amount of sinus drainage on the left side. This started about 1 month before my son was born. I thought it would go away after I delivered but it hasn t. He is 2 weeks old.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  349
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Please don't ignore your swelling particularly the one which is making your eyes protrude. Get an immediate ophthalmologist opinion.
Sometimes due to sinusitis the eyes do get swollen up. So it could be nothing also.
But Orbit is small cavity which hold the eyes in its room.Any swelling within the orbit will try to push the eyeballs out and make them protrude. It will give pressure to the eye and hence the discomfort while moving them and hazy vision. So you might need a CT -orbits after your consultation to evaluate the cause.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor