Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Hole in center of toe with pus. What this can be?

My husband has a small area on the base of his big toe which has a hole in the centre as if something had pierced his foot it collects a small amount of pus around it which is painful so I have removed the pus, it heals but the centre is still obvious as if a splinter were buried deep and then the pus accumulates again.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It requires proper dressing and proper cleaning of wound.
Go for one course of antibiotic to control infection.
It is better to consult your doctor, he will clean the wound and remove pocket where pus collects.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 24 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor