Hi Doctor, I am a 21 year old female and

Hi Doctor,
I am a 21 year old female and have been losing a lot of hair.
I have a hx of acne (tx with roacc) and PCOS query.
I was wondering:
a) what I should do regarding the hair loss?
b) your thoughts on biotin supplements.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Tee
Fri, 19 Oct 2018

I am a 21 year old female that is not overweight (5 6 130lb), and who exercises regularly (4-5 days a week). However, my blood pressure is about 140/90 (measured several times at the office) My doctor says it is even higher for me because I am so young. He told me to measure my sodium intake on an average day. After a week of monitoring it, (not eating any differently) I found I rarely go above 2,000 mg a day, average about 1,800 mg (you should not go above 2,300-2,400) Is my case strictly hereditary, since I practically do everything possible to not have high blood pressure? Should I inquire about prescription drugs to control this? What else can I do about it? Will it just keep raising with age ? I am especially concerned since my father died of a heart attack at the age of 41. No and i have never even tried a cigarette in my life! Don t drink either, if that has any effect

I am a 21 year old female who is over weight. For the past two months at least i have been waking up in the morning, it use to be between 5:30 am and 7:30 am but now im up as early as 4am. sometimes earlier. It doesn t matter what time I go to bed. Whether it is 8pm or after midnight, I am up around these times. I wake up feeling very nauseous and begin vomiting. Now I dont always throw up but I think it happens more often than not. I have tried changing my diet and I even stopped eating after 8pm. However, I still get sick. When I was younger I had acid reflux and before I went to school in the mornings a few times a week I d get really sick. This however is completely different feeling. I feel this way every morning plus the sleeping thing. Depending on when I last ate and what time i do wake up, there may or may not be food in my stomach. If there is and I am vomiting, then i throw up until there is nothing left and begin to dry heave. its to the point where i sometimes will be throwing up so violently i start to choke bc i cant stop to take a breath . other days when nothing is in my stomach i gag and throw up spit and stomach acid. Now I m not sure if its something I ate the night before but somtimes when the vomit clears out or is a light color depending on the food, I see brown patches. Could that be blood or just something I ate or drink. I started a food diary, i logged everything I ate and did i even began eating 6 tiny meals a day and watched my calorie intake. I also tried to increase my protein intake in the mornings and/or at night to help boost my metabolism . I feel sick all morning till about 8 am. or if on a very rare occasion if i wake up after 8 am i really dont feel sick. since i feel better after 8 I go from extremely sick to beyond starving. its the same every morning whether i throw up or not. Upset stomach , sometimes diarrhea , nausea till 8ish then starving after. I ll drink a protein shake if i dont think my stomach can handle foods, then i go about my day, go to bed around 9:30pm most nights, and wake up and do it all over again.

Hi I am a 52 year old female that just had a complete physical including blood workup testing for HIV positive, mononucleousis and rheumatoid arthritis. Everything was within normal range except for a high platelet count. Is this anything to worry about?