Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Head feels foggy and feels like concussion. Going for eye check up. Need some advice?

I have had trouble focussing (literally) for about 2-3 weeks. I`m 53 years old and am going for an eye doctor appointment in 3 days. However my concern is my skull or brain-I do not have a headache but it is like a fog, or what I would think a concussion might feel like, even though I do not think I have hit my head recently. Any theories? Thanks...
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having difficulty in focussing. This is because of age related decrease in accommodation called as presbyopia.
The treatment of the condition is by use of convex lenses of appropriate power depending on the retinoscopy and refraction findings.
Hence I advice you to consult your ophthalmologist or optometrist for examination and treatment accordingly by prescription of appropriate convex lens.

Thank you
Answered: Thu, 3 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor