Are headache, forgetfulness and difficulty post a concussion normal?

Dr. Shuba Hariprasad

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: On 11/25 I had an accident causing a concussion I am a 71 yo female. . I need to know if my symptoms are normal or not. 1. headache on side of concussion, off and on. 2. unable to remember, intermittent. 3. unable to concentrate.

Headache on rt side only on concussion side off and on throughout day and first thing in am. unable to remember off and on, unable to concentrate or focus
Answered by Dr. Shuba Hariprasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Monitor

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.

Yes, these symptoms are expected after a concussion
However, they shouldn't worsen or persist beyond another couple of weeks.

Forgetfulness can take while as the brain tissue takes time to heal
I recommend that you consult your doctor for a physical exam and a repeat CT scan of symptoms worsen or persist beyond 2 weeks.
If you develop nausea, vomiting, have severe headaches, dizziness see a doctor right away.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Wish you good health.
Warm regards,
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana