Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Having ingrown hair or cyst on mons pubis area that is swollen and red. Should I go for medical check up?

I have either a pimple , ingrown hair or cyst on my mons pubis area that is swollen and red. I was putting heat on it and wondering if that is okay. I don t want to see a doctor as I ve had numerous appointments for other reasons and I m trying not to miss work. If this is something I can resolve on my own that would be great.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  441
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Divine,
Thanks for writing in HCM. you have not mentioned your age. If pain and swelling is not increasing and the problem is of short duration then nothing to worry about. It can be subside by Proper Hygiene (cleaning the affected area with betadine solution or savlon), anti-inflammatory and antibiotics. Don't apply heat on affected area. If your problem is of long duration then you should get FNAC done. Consult your Gynecologist for further advised.
wish you a good health.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor