Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having ganglion cyst in knees and feet. Is there any surgery to remove them?

Hi Doctor, I looked on this site to see what surgery would be like to have ganglion cysts removed from my knees and feet and it seems that everyone else has only had them on their wrists. Is this going to be more invasive having the surgery inside my feet as I had to have ultrasounds to see I had them? Thank you very much, I will await your reply. Karen Edwards.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear User ,

thank you for reaching out for us ,first ganglion cysts are common on wrists knees and feet , the surgery is the same for both , radiological X-rays AP should be done to exclude other more serious issues and yes ultrasounds could be done to exclude occult cysts. but diagnosis mostly relay on the physical examination of the cyst .
please rate the answer as 5 if you find it helpful .
best regards,
Dr. Ahmad
Answered: Mon, 10 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor