Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Have whitish injury marks on skin. Remedy?

I am 25 yrs old female. I met with a minor accident a week back. I had hew bruises and wounds on my face. Mainly on nose and upper lip .There wasn t any deep cut luckily. It took around 5 days for the wounds to heal.But, now the injury marks are standing out prominently on my face. I have a wheatish complexion .And the skin at injury spots has white patch. kindly suggest me treatment to get rid of the patch.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi, thanks for posting your query

you have developed post inflamatory hypopigmentation after injury

this occurs due to damage of pigment cells within the skin

Dont worry ,since this was a superficial damage your skin might regain pigment within 6 weeks approximately
you may apply flutivate cream twice daily for enhanced result

hope this answers your query

Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor