Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have crooked fingers since birth, passed to daughter. What can help them?

I was born with crooked fingers on both hands. Use to I couldnt makea fist with either hand. I now can with my right hand as I am right handed I do believe the dr. said at a young age I wasshort a tndon or ligament in these fingers. I grew up with ids making fun of me and now at 49 the making fun at has started again as I think they r getting worse. I have always worked and never felt as thou I had a handicap. I am 49 yrs old. I have no nuckle prints on the fingers affected at birth and my daughter was born with same fingers the same way. The Drs tell my Dr she has CMT. Not many Dr. know what this is. However said she would b in a wheelchair in 5 yrs which they were wrong. we both hurt from time to time and its getting worse . Whaat could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi ! thanks for the query in HMC.
what about little fingers of both of you ? are they Crooked ? yes! there are conditions called "Camptodactyly & Clinodactyly" which are associated with Hereditary. You can consult with Orthopaedicians for the same.
take care..
Answered: Sun, 20 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor