Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Have ADHD. Cannot concentrate. What should I do?

I m a male 53 years old and think I have been ADHD my entire life. During my elementary and high school years ADD or ADHD were never talked about. My father was a pharmacist and was more careful than most not wanting his child to be hooked on some stimulating drug. I feel I am smart, I just cannot concentrate on things unless I m totally interested in that topic. My sister is an Anesthesiologist so I know there are some smarts in my genes. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

As you had poor concentration for years (may be due to ADHD) but it is not clear for late treatment seeking. ADHD patients frequently had anxiety and depressive symptoms which increases their problem of concentration further. Same I am suspecting in your case for late treatment seeking.

For assessment and treatment of ADHD and associated complication, you can visit specialist like psychiatrist.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You may have ADHD as your problem in attention and concentration is similar to ADHD.
Consult your psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and management.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor