Has anyone had ablation for arrythmia ?

What was your exerience, was it sucessful with no complications and did you experience any symptoms afterwards?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
I had an AV Nodal catheter ablation May 11, 2007. It took the medical team 4 hours to complete, I was awake the entire time and the only real discomfort was not being able to move at all during the procedure. If your doctor has recommended this procedure it comes with a few rare dangers such as bleeding at catheter entry site to mention one. Your cardiologist will inform you of these and he will also tell you if the risk is lower than the cure. Also still 4 weeks after my surgery, I'm still experiencing slight fluttering of my heart but that is to be expected for a while as the site that was "burned" heals and the heart realizes it cannot go into arrythmia again. I stopped my arrythmia medication immediately upon having the surgery and was switched from beta blockers to another type of BP medication, which has given me loads more energy and made the whole experience so worthwhile! I highly recommend the procedure.