Has anyone died of a broken heart ?

has anyone died of a broken heart ?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Technically Sam Kinison, who suffered a ruptured aorta in a car accident, in essense, "breaking" his heart.

Is there such a thing as dying of a broken heart ? well, my grandpa died tuesday, and me and my mom were talking about it yesterday. she told me my step-grandma will most likely die of a broken heart, if anything. i ws jsut wonderin it that was possible? my aunt died a few years ago and my uncle died 2 days later of a broken heart and they never found out why he actually died. soo, i was just wondeirng if it really is possible. another question: today was my grandpa s funeral and it was open casket. every time i close my eyes i see him laying there. i really want to get it out of my head bc i want to remember him at his birthday party a few weeks ago. is there any way to clear my mind of thatt? thanks in advance :]

and were told by the doctors that it was nearly compatible to your own heart but it might be rejected would you accept it anyway if you knew with out taking it you would die ?

Can one die b/c his or her heart is in disrepair? I cannot choose a BEST ANSWER each of you have different experiences with this broken heart syndrome So all of you will be given thumbs up since you all have made it difficult for me to choose. Thanks to all who answered me.