Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Hard red pimple behind left ear after ear piercing. What should I do ?

hi. my 9month old baby had her ear piercing done 2 months ago.she had no infections. yesterday i noticed a hard red pimple looking bo behide her left ear. i took of the earring and found out that her earflap i very hard and has like a ball inside.the size is approximately like a poppy seed. ahat can it be and what should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Your baby seems to be suffering from an infection due to the ear ring which may or may not be related to the ear piercing. Sometimes the infected area becomes fibrosed and becomes hard which is probably what you are feeling.

If there is still pain then you need to remove the ear ring and initiate an antibiotic treatment along with anti inflammatory medications.

Also see whether the ear ring is clean or not

once the swelling completely subsides only then you should re-apply the ear ring

take care

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor