Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Hand injury, swollen knuckles, cannot move fingers. Should I contact a doctor?

Hello, Yesterday I was unraveling Christmas lights, pulled hard to undo a knot, and my hand slipped and hit the side of our house. My knuckle began to swell pretty quickly. Today all three knuckles are swollen and getting worse. I can move my fingers. I am concerned that it keeps getting bigger vs. smaller. Should I contact a Dr. Or wait a few days?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the question.
From the incident which you had described you could have badly injured the soft tissue and bones around the knuckels. Since it is badly swollen and tender I prefer you to visit orthopaedic surgeon and get his opinion. Get some ice and apply ice pack till you visit you doctor.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor