Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Had partially protected sex. Will RNA PCR test show if there has been HIV infection in the past?

Please Dr or any one ans for below query, i am awting any one replys hi , I inserted my finger into prostcute veginal ,before that we took bath each other with soap while bathing i puted my finger into the vegina for nearly 30 seconds after water is falling me on fingar (shower) , but my finger skin was open but not bleeding blood, it looks like some layer opened and it looks like red skin with small hole(if i prees forcely some liitle blood comig) and i suck her breast and the next day morinig i am worried then i taken her to hospital for hiv test they done Enhanced chima luminasecne HIV trest, report shows she is not affected(HIV-non reactive). but i am worried about if she affcted past 2 months. does it show in the report, Shall i go for RNA PCR test after 4 weeks, does it show right result? pl suggest me quickly
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic
Transmission of HIV through insertion of the finger into the
vagina is possible but under certain conditions. These conditions
include; presence of a wound on the finger, which is fresh and
actively bleeding. The absence of these conditions makes the
possibility of transmission less likely. More so, her HIV test
results were negative which is a little reassuring.
Enhanced chemiluminescent HIV test is simply an ELISA test.
Antibody ELISA for HIV however would not be positive until after
a few weeks for most ELISA.
PCR is a sensitive and early diagnostic test but usually expensive.
For sure it will indicate if there was an infection in the past since
its an early diagnostic test which tests for presence of antigen
rather than antibodies.If you could afford it then fine else you could
do an ELISA in two to three months time.
Best regards and hope this helps you.
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor