Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination, burning sensation. Taking citralka. Urine test shows pus cells. Cure for symptoms?

i am feeling slight burning sensation and frequent urination since last 1.5 weeks. I got urine test done and got 4-6 pus cells. So I showed doctor and he gave me citralka and antibiotics for 5 days. I took the same and started feeling better. However I stopped antibiotics after 3 days. now after, I am again seeing slight burning sensation as well as frequent urination. So today I again started using citralka. My question is should I again take anitbiotics for 5 days.and yes, I did sugar test done and it was within range.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  234
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Burning while urination and pus cells indicate. UTI. You need to do a urine culture to confirm this; the results will also guide the appropriate antibiotic selection.
Drinking plenty of fluids is also beneficial.
If you have recurrent UTI it is preferable to obtain an US to rule out underlying stones or obstruction.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Anju Choudhary's  Response
hi there, first of all you should never take an incomplete dose of antibiotics as it makes the organism resistant to that drug in future. That is the reason your symptoms have reappeared as the infective bacteria was not eleminated totally. You may continue syp citralka but you need to get your urine culture and sentivity done again to see which antibiotic will be effective and please do complete this course of antibiotic. Self medication is not only harmful but might not be effective. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Erfan's  Response
how old are you? have you any prior co-morbid. are you sexually active? Are you running fever? you should have a urine R/E and urine C/S done along with a blood cp. if it indicates infection then you should start antibiotics and take then for at least 7 days. taking antibiotics for a short time or irregularly is associated with development of bacterial resistant. please comply with your doctors orders in the future.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. G.Srinivasan's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It is better to start antibiotics after giving urine sample for culture.
Based on the report, THE ANTIBIOTICS may have to be changed.
Pls consult a urologist to look for the reason for repeated infection in urine.

Best regards
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor