Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

For what valprol cr 500 is used and what are the side effects ?

I am taking VALPROL CR500 for last 8yrs. my first child is normal in all respect . I am again expecting a child what should i do and even tell me its substitute during pregnansy
Asked On : Mon, 5 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  4099
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Are you suffering from Seizures. This medicine is usually given to prevent seizures. In Pregnancy this drug should not be taken as it can cause problems in the baby. You need to get it changed to different drug like Phenobarbitone perhaps, after discussing with your Doctor. This medicine is safer in pregnancy. Eat healthy, do regular exercise, stay fit.
Answered: Tue, 6 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.VALPROIC ACID is used in seizures and bipolar disorders.This should not be used in pregnancy as it causes neural tube defects in offspring.Consult your Gynec and Neurologist for alternate drug.Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 14 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor