For over 10 yrs I lived in a rented place that had toxic black mold that was never properly remediated until I started having anaphylactic reactions and had to moved out for my own safety. For someone who never had colds or flu prior to that, I was always congested, had severe tightness under the left rib cage area that was so excruciating I sometimes felt the urge to aspirate it with a needle or any sharp object. It was difficult to expel phlegm and a friend had to literally pound on my back for me to expel the phlegm. I had constant bouts of laryngitis, coughs, sore throat, thrush, acid reflux, yeast infections, tinea cruris, body itches, dandruff and then boils, then my eyes suddenly became blurry and have remained so till now. Sometimes I felt I was about to choke when eating certain baked items and this got scary.
I also went through periods of memory lapses, that at some point was severe enough that I couldn't recall the simplest of details, despite knowing them. I had severe burning inflammatory pain, which worsened the orthopaedic injuries I had, whilst I suddenly developed other inflammatory ailments such as bursitis in both elbows and shoulders, costochondritis, and tendinitis in without injuries all of which I was on anti-inflammatory drugs for the duration of my stay there.
The only thing that helped was fresh ginger, which I started ingesting once I realized it helped. I was severely depressed and lost interest in all things, whilst also dealing with insomnia, extremely sleep-deprivation and nightmares when I finally got a few hours of sleep. The only time I felt any better was when I was away from the apt., but on my return there, symptoms worsened.
By the time I moved out I was having recurrent bronchitis, had developed asthma and rhinitis and now have hypersensitivity to strong odors, fumes, chemicals, pesticides, dust, musty or dampness and especially mold. Whilst some of the symtpoms (such as the acid refux, itching, etc.) have subsided with time, I'm still coping with the major ones.
My main concern now is that I recently got an MRI, which contrary to previous MRIs done before the peak of exposure to the toxic black mold (which was worse in my last 5 yrs of dwelling there) showing that I have numerous scattered, subcentimeter hyperintense foci within the subcortical and deep matter bilaterally in the frontal and parietal lobes of the brain. I also have mucosal thickening lining the ethmoidal air cells. I would very much appreciate every useful feedback, including medical solutions available, so I can know how to protect my health and avoid worse outcomes. Thank you.