Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Felt numbness in ankle, noticed a bigger than pea size lump. Is it dangerous?

Hello. This morning my 45 year old husband was walking normally and felt something go like a little funny or numb in his ankle. He looked down at it and there along his bone (on the ball on side of ankle) was what he thinks is a nerve. It s a little bigger than a pea size. It is popping out. Is that dangerous? It doesn t hurt or anything. Just popped right out.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

From the given description, I feel that the popping out structure that is felt at the level of the malleolus (ball of the joint) could be a subluxating peroneal tendon while moving the ankle.

Its definitely not dangerous at the same time not an issue to be neglected.

Consult an orthopedic surgeon for further workup and management .

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor