Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Felt a pop in back left calf, immediate pain, feel something come out of place from the muscle. What could it be?

I was in a cycling class at the gym, I felt a pop in my back left calf , with immediate pain following. I could barely walk to my car. When I felt the pop, I could feel something come out of place or separate from the muscle. What could it be? I m still limping a day later and the back of my calf feels very tight.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, it appears to be the slip of the tendon or muscle fibre, over the other. If it is not relieved in 24 hours it is advisible to consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment.
I to my patient with such symptom prescribe neurotropic injections for 5 consecutive days. muscle relaxant analgesics BD for 5 days , and muscle relaxant topical applicant for local application. Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor