Does working out lower your resting heart rate?

how long does it take to lower it
Mon, 16 Aug 2010
's  Response
if you work out, you can eventually lower your resting heart rate after your body has become healthy. Your blood vessels and arteries and such get clogged, no matter how old you are. The heart needs to pump faster to overcome the friction forces caused by hardened blood vessels. Your overall goal should be to start working out about everyday and get to a healthy weight if you are not already there. Eventually your resting heart rate will lower, but it wont happen overnight! And it will never happen if you eat crap foods!
whitestar119's  Response
Is it possible it can happen in a month with the following cardio workout.

60 minute a day, 7 days a week.