Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Does this sound like palpitations ?

Every now and then I get these strong and I guess irregular heatbeats. I ve had this problem for years, but it only happens occasionally. It doesn t hurt or pain me at all. It just feels strange. I went to the doctor a while back and they found nothing wrong with my heart, though nothing indepth was done. All they did was look at it and tell me everything looked fine. Any serious input is greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  491
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Did they do an echo? One thing I have experienced was that my heart really pounds when I am tired and laying down. Dehydration is another thing that makes it worse, make sure you get rest and plenty of water. Does your heart feel like it's flip flopping or banging inside your chest? Thats how mine feels. Just a note to help, if it starts doing it for more than a few seconds bare down like you are trying to have a bowel movement, the extra pressure will "kick it" back into right rythm. Make sure you get echo, a lot of people have pals and they are not serious but your Dr needs to know for sure.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor