Does dehydration cause dizziness and difficulty in walking?

My husband is having dizziness and difficulty walking, plus mental confusion. He was seen in the ER yesterday and they found after blood testing and urine testing everything was normal. They even checked his pacemaker and found nothing. He has diabetes and was very dehydrated. He was much better after an iv and a sandwich. He was able to walk out on his own and to eat dinner. However this morning he went back to sleep and got up at 5pm with the same symptoms. Could this be from dehydration? How much water should he be drinking a day? Dose seltzer water work the same, or is the carbonation be a problem?
Mon, 27 Aug 2018

Yes, dehydration is one of the causes of dizziness, especially when one gets out of bed or stands up from sitting or lying position, which we call postural hypotension. water intake requirement depends on many factors specially weather, and water losses through sweat etc. generally 2-3liters of water is advised per day, however primary physician should be consulted if somebody has chronic diseases like heart failure and renal disease as more water intake May cause fluid overload. oral rehydration salts are available over the counter widely and one of the best sources to combat dehydration.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.