Does dance stretches hamper height growth ?

Hi, I m 19 going on 20 and Filipino. Almost every meal includes white rice, but is almost always accompanied by white milk. I ve grown maybe half an inch, maybe two inches, or so since my growth spurt in middle school. I ve been dying to be taller. I m a dancer and go through intense stretches two times a week, could these stretches halt growth? Please help. Thank you.
Fri, 27 Jan 2012
Hello Dear, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!

I am sorry to state that at this age, much increase in height is NOT possible. This is because at maturity, bony fusion occurs at growth plate & increase in height stops. Dance SHALL not affect your height. Still, you may use high heel shoes.
Good luck.
NB. Please dont waste your valuable money on spurious medicines.