Does Prednisone cause severe itching?

I have been taking prednisone for about 5 months for polymyalgia rheumatica . Within the last month my skin has been itching like crazy - could this be a side effect to the prednisone?TT Also within the last week I have several red and purplish like blotches on both of my arms - what could be causing those. They do not hurt - just doesn t look nice -
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms can be related to an allergy of Prednisone.
I suggest you to go to the emergency room for further treatment
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.