Does Cipro cause dizziness and nausea?

Hi, I missed 2 doses of .5mg lorazepam 2 nights in a row. Plus I just took my 3rd dose of Cipro for UTI. About an hour after taking the antibiotic I felt very sick hard to put into words, sweating, dizzy, nauseated but did not vomit. Thinking it is the Cipro I called the urologist he stopped the Cipro will be on Keflex Yet the doctor on call doesn t really think it s an allergic reaction. Your thought.
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms need not be allergic to Cipro. Nausea,vomiting can be a side effect of the drug.. more possible when one of the doses was taken on an empty stomach.(causing raised acidity rather than allergy. A single pill of Ranitidine over the counter would help.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.