Does Carvedilol cause swelling in the feet?

Hi , I have been taking Coreg for about 8 years now for my high blood pressure. I had no side effects. Recently I have been given the generic brand Carvedilol.Now I am experiencing ankle swelling and feet swelling and tingling in my fingers. Can it be the Carvedilol I am taking ? I m going to my doctor next week and I want to address this to her. Should I go back to Coreg.
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Carvedilol can cause edema (generalized, dependent, peripheral, and legs) as side effect but it is rare.Since you are hypertensive for a long time,Congestive cardiac failure (hypertensive heart disease) needs to be ruled out.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.