Do sit-ups cause a varicocele to flare up?

I want to do an abdominal workout but after everytime I m doing my ab workout i can feel pain and discomfort especially on my lower ab area connecting to my testicle. The pain is bearable but for my peace of mind i had it check and later found out that i have varicocele. My urologist said that it is not lifethreatening so i have nothing to worry about..so my question is that, can I still do situps or other related abdominal workout even though i have varicocele ors should i quit doing it? Does situps progresses varicocele?
Tue, 4 Sep 2018

There seems no association of exercise with varicocele, and would suggest to meet your doctor to rule out other causes of lower abdominal pain like urinary tract infection etc., if the pain is more frequent or associated with burning urination.

Regarding varicocele, most of the time it's not something to worry about, the only indication where is it treated by surgery/embolization is if there are infertility problems, significant testicular pain not responding to pain killers and reducing testicular size. So if the pain is unbearable even with painkillers, you must visit your doctor to take opinion regarding treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.