Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with HPV and genital warts. Are they skin tags? Misdiagnosed? Help

I have been recently diagnosed by a nurse practitioner with HPV and genital warts . The thing is, I had the same things diagnosed as skin tags once befer, I even had them removed once although they grew back over about a two year period. My question is, is it possible that I was mis-diagnosed with warts? Are there and biopsies that can be done? The health care clinic just did a visual check.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  279
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
Skin tags and genital warts can look almost alike. A well trained dermatologist can distinguish both clinically. So consider getting a consultation from dermatologist before thinking of biopsy. And yes skin biopsy can differentiate the two.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Ilyas Patel's  Response

The lesion relapsed at same site previously removed is more likely the wart..
Skin tag is not likely to develop at the same site ..
You consult eminent dermatologist.
There is perfect treatment .
Electrocautery under local anaesthesia may be done .
You do not worry.
To prevent relapse, immunobusters like levamisole may be taken.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor