Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Definite uncontrolled jerks in hands and arms. Should i seek any medical consultation ?

i have a just two year old daughter in perfect health but have on many occasions noticed a jerky movement with her hands and arms. It presents itself more when she is sitting in her high chair and is less active. I just read her a story in bed and she had a 30 second spell of definate uncontrolled jerks in her arm region again. Should i seek any medical consultation at this point, there is no other functionality that concerns me. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem descriptions. As per your description, your daughter is having uncontrolled jerks in her hands and legs. If you are sure that the jerks do occur so many times so that it is noticeable then you should consult a physician to analyze what it is. Though may not be that serious, Proper early diagnosis is the key for proper treatment and cure.

Hope this clears your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor