Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Coronary heart disease and social security disability

would coronary heart disease qualify a person for social security disability?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  1108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Depending on the degree to which it affects your ability to work at what every your usual line of work is, yes or no. If you are restricted enough that you can't work, then yes. If not, no. The first answer is absolutely wrong. The only way to find out is to apply for the disability. If you get rejected you can appeal a number of times, as with Supplementary Security Income. When you are told that you have no more appeals, then ask for arbitration with a judge. Whatever the judge decides is binding. If the judge rules that you are disabled, you'll receive payments from the time you filed if you don't let any time limits expire. The same pretty much holds true for SSI. If you don't qualify for Social Security, you might try SSI. My wife received Social Security Benefits for a couple of years until she qualified for her regular Social Security pension. I received SSI until I qualified for my Social Security pension also. Talk to an attorney who specializes in Social Security claims and get a legal opinion. If the attorney takes your case, you'll have to pay about 25% of your benefits owed to you. If you don't win the case, the attorney will charge you nothing.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor