Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Choked on rubber. Can feel obstruction in throat when talking or swallowing. What do I do?

earlier i was chewing on a piece of rubber from my laptop screen, i started laughing at my brother and as i laughed i choked. i coughed alot to get it out of my throat , but couldn t cause it was already in the process of swallowing it. i can breathe fine, but when i talk or swallow i still feel it in my throat. but i have eaten spaghetti & drank coffee since then. and i swallowed it all fine. but its still in my throat, what do i do?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
That piece might have gone down but you should see an ent specialist and get done a Flexible fiberoptic nasopharyngolaryngoscopy.
To see for the piece of rubber whether it is still there upto the level of vocal cords or not .
If you do not have difficulty in respiration then thats the good part.
But try not to get late and see a doctor as soon as possible and get examined.
in doubt do reply
Answered: Thu, 14 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor