Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Choked on apple piece. Oesophagus removal due to tear. Want information

Hi there, a friend of mine was recently admitted
after swallowing a piece of apple, it got stuck. He choked and attempted to throw up and it tore a hole through hs oesophagus. They had to remove parts of his oesophagus. We are looking for information regarding the condition. The doctor said that it is a rare condition.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Yes such conditions are very rare in which esophageal tear occurs due to vegetable foreign body.
They have removed apple piece parts or parts of esophagus.
As removing the pieces of foreign body is usual.
But if they had to have remove parts of esophagus it is rare ,as the foreign body may cause tear in the wall of esophagus but why removal of parts of esophagus done .
It will be good if you talk to your doctor they will be able to explain it better.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor