Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Child with neck pain, bump behind ear, seems like swollen lymph node, slight sinus drainage. What should be done?

My 9yo son complained yesterday of neck pain . This morning, he complained of the same thing and mentioned a bump behind his left ear. It looked to be a swollen lymph node. After school, he came home and said look at my bump -- now it s about pea to marble-sized and solid, sensitive to the touch. By bedtime he had a second bump forming below the first. No fever, no cough , some sinus drainage. Best to just watch it or take him in to the doctor tomorrow?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  272
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
You do need to give him antibiotics on urgent basis- Co-amoxiclav or cefuroxime would be best for him. A Sinus tract can lead to infection anywhere else too, maybe into his middle ear as well. Don't ignore it and immediately see the Doctor. Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 24 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor