Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Chest tightness during brisk walk, have scar tissue in stent. What options do I have to address it?

Due to high cholesterol , I have had 6 stents placed in three of my arteries last year (March 2011). In december 2011, I felt little short of breath during work out and when my cardiologist did a nuclear test he found scar tissue in one of the stents and recommended ballooning to address it. So he did the ballooning but after three months I have the same symptoms again - Chest tightness when I do elliptical or go for a brisk walk, the feeling continues for an hour plus or so. He did nuclear again and found scar tissue in the same stent. I need to know what options do I have to address it. I am 61 years of age, 5 10 , 165 lbs with a pretty heavy work out regimen. Very disciplined in habits and diet. I am in the IT and it is the stress that has gotten to me. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question

Well which nuclear test did you get?

Anyways you need an angiography done to directly observe the stents and coronaries.

If there is any significant restenosis, you can get another stent placed over the site with drug eluting stent.

However, management for coronary artery disease if highly individualized therefore you need to discuss the options with your cardiologist

Hope that answers your question

Keep in touch
Answered: Mon, 15 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor