Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Can you suggest any substitutes for Beta blockers ?

My cardiologists are both feminists, if you know what I mean! You lot are so clever. Thanks very much.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
I don't think there is an alternative. My fiance and my dad are supposed to take them, but they don't. My dad will take them if he feels he needs to. But my fiance won't because he don't want to become impotent! I guess it depends on your heart condition though? Maybe you could ask your doctor, or find a male cardiologist. Edit: Katie is wrong. As long as you are on beta blockers you will really struggle to get an erection, you will only be able to get it up when you stop taking them. So it's not all that temporary if you have to take them for the rest of your life!
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor