Can skin cancer spread by touch ?

I have had skin cancer on my face 5 yrs. ago and how it has come back in another place on my face, can skin cancer spread by touch.
Sun, 1 May 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi
doesnt spread by touching
don worry
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi
skin cancer is not infectious
so it does not spread by contact from one site to other.
if u have more sunexposure,then chance of it increase
Dentist Dr. Nidha's  Response
no,it doesn't spread by touching

hello my name is tiffany marley I had a mole on my ear at age 15 I realized that it was to big black ugly I moved to California and age 15 they took it off had it tested came back skin cancer, melanoma.i had to go under sugary they said they got it out I m now 26 years old I haven t been getting it check I want to know if there is a chance that I still have it and it spread id like to know your option

Hi..my boyfriend woke up yesterday morning with a cluster of 5 dark brown flat spots on his chest. Today 3 of the spots have joined together and all of the spots have opened up into sores so they are now dark brown with holes in the middle which are red and sore. He said it was itchy yesterday but not today. His doctor isn t too concerned as he says if it was skin cancer it would take weeks/months to appear, not overnight. He has been referred to a dermatologist in a few weeks. Is the doctor right in saying that it can t be skin cancer as it doesn t appear overnight? It very much looks like flat moles that are spreading rapidly and are bleeding (small amount) and getting scabby. Thanks.

Hi, I have a beauty spot on the left side of my face, near my earlobe . It s been there since birth. It sits directly above a large birthmark on my neck. Yesterday, I noticed the beauty spot was painful (it has never been painful in the past) and it feels like a deep pimple . I saw a dermo. last week to get checked out all over for skin cancer as have a few moles on my back, but all clear. The beauty spot did not hurt then. Dermo. also looked at this at that time and didn t say anything about it. What do you think?

Recent questions on  Skin neoplasm

I have been applying Curaderm treatment to a BBC on the left side of my forehead close to my hairline for a week. This morning I developed swelling on the inside of my eyes and upper nose which came out of no where, along with a mild headache . This is not even close to the skin cancer sight but I thought there might be some correlation. I had Botox treatment between my brows 2 months ago and perhaps there is some relationship. Should I see a doctor or wait to see if the swelling goes down on it s own? If a doctor should be seen is this concern for my dermatologist or GP? Thank you.

I have a very smooth practically perfectly round raised bump thats slightly pale red in color and the size of a pencil eraser on my leg, specifically my chin . I ve had it for a few years but thought nothing of it since I thought it was a scar from shaving. Now I ve started to wonder if it s something else. It seems like its gotten bigger over the past year, currently the size of a pencil eraser, but I can t say for sure. I haven t really paid it much attention till now, I keep cutting it while shaving. I have an appt with dermatologist in a month but I m starting to stress out that it may be skin cancer . Can you get a scar as I described from shaving?

Hi, Just over three years ago my husband had a stage 1 melanoma removed from his lower arm . He was given the all clear. We have now noticed that he has a colourless lump on the side of his nose , at the top of the nostril , not very noticeable but you can feel that there is something there. It is about the size of a flat pencil top rubber. Could this be a return of the melanoma. We are so worried. Thank you

I had a bump on my face for months but never thought anything of it until my boyfriends dad said he had skin cancer and the earlier form look similar they thought it was a sweat gland but I ve lost 10 pounds within the past few weeks and I eat the same. I never have energy and I m always tired and have a hard time doing anything that requires strength. I have an awful caugh and every time I cough I almost puke I ve tanned for 4 years and I smoke and the bruised bump is under my skin and hard and its very painful. The bruise goes on and off. What is it