Can ovarian cancer be treated?

Hi, recently my mother was diagnosed with Ovarian carcinosarcoma. I have done lots of research online and many articles backdate to 10 years ago or more, I m just wondering if you can provide any information about this, e.g. Is there any cure? What are latest advances? What are survival rates? Based on what we know today etc
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

So the approach in such a case is surgery if localized, followed by chemotherapy. It is an aggressive tumor and chances of relapse will be high.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Oncologist Dr. Monish De's  Response

Ovary cancer is curable. Treatment consist of surgery followed by six cycles of chemotherapy. 5 year survival rate is 25%.