Can my wife currently in her second trimester of pregnancy travel by train and bus ?

Hi Dr I am planning to travel with my wife for a vacation, she is currently in her 4th month and the travelled plan is 10 hrs by train and about 3 hrs in bus. Can you suggest if she can travel
Mon, 23 Jan 2012
Hi Anil, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum. Have you done your wife's preliminary investigations and consulted your obstetrician. If everything is fine there is no problem in travelling. Ask her to take a short walk in between travel ansd not to sit continously. Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
dear Anil,during pregnancy travel needs to avoided if you can.Still during 2nd trimester traveling can be done with precautions.If everything is normal you can speak to your doctor and if he is satisfied with every thing you can go ahead for a nice vacation.Please avoid jerks during journey and be very careful about food and water.take care.