Can fish oil supplement be taken with other medication?

I am a disabled veteran. I am on a lot of various medications. My wife and I have been taken Fish oil for years. We have heard a lot of good things as well as bad things about the Fish Oil . Our question is with all of my problems, should we continue to take the med or stop it?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Nov 2017
Hello,my name is dr.Dorina Gurabardhi.I understand your concern.
Fish oil is a supplement.It has many benfits for the health.
It does not go well with :
-Fat-blockers
-Omega-6 fatty acids, like linoleic acid and arachidonic acid]
- blood-thinning medications, asprin, warfarin or clopidogrel
If you are taking one of this medication I suggest you to stop the fish oil.
Hope my answer was helpful.If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.
dr.Dorina Gurabardhi